About The Role
The Contract and Supplier Manager plays a critical role in our ability to achieve our goals by creating and maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders and driving the best value for AO out of our third party engagements. In this role, you will be accountable for contract close-out, extension and renewal, and you will communicate contractual changes to all stakeholders. AO will count on you to address any contract-related issues that come up, whether internally or externally, and we require an individual who is able to partner with a variety of business support functions, including but not limited to: AO Retail, Expert Logistics, AO Mobile, Elek, Recycling and Deutschland. This role is critical to our success, so we are looking for candidates who will share our passion for excellence.
The Contract & Supplier Manager must be an effective partner, working with business stakeholders to ensure that third party spend is well controlled and risks associated with those suppliers are effectively managed.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You will be instrumental in owning a new contract management system we are going to be implementing. A really exciting time to be joining the team through implementation and managing the relationship which will bring in automation into the team, which will be a game-changer.
You will also be:
- Developing and overseeing a contract repository including the maintenance of a recurring charges schedule, to proactively monitor renewals
- Lead the drive to remove cost from the supply chain and report against savings targets
- Provide training, supervise and manage the day to day activities of the renewals assistant
- Create and share informative reports that assist business stakeholders in making better business decisions about their third party engagements
- Maintain and develop open and constructive supplier relationships
A Few Things About You
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or other management discipline, such as supply chain management.
- Certification by purchasing and supply chain professional bodies, such as the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) or the Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
- Two or more years in a contract management/or procurement and/or vendor management role is expected.
- Indirect category exposure (desirably Tech category)
Other functional experience — particularly in IT, business strategy, business analysis or finance — is highly desirable and beneficial.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance