A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We’re looking for someone who can:
- Create great content
- Share it with the relevant audience
- Measure the result and refine
This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate who just ‘gets’ what good content looks like. This role is a chance to oversee AO’s content marketing campaign planning process and help unlock opportunities for content creation.
The role sits within a small Content Marketing team who for part of the larger marketing department. You will be working with a large number of content creators including both the internal creative design teams as well as external influencers and content creators.
This is an exciting time to join the Content Marketing team as we are in the process of refining our approach and we want creative thinkers to help us with this.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Work with trade, insights, SEO and contact centre teams to understand common issues for customers and create content to help provide them with the information they’re looking for.
- Work with CRM, merchandising and search teams to identify opportunities to serve content to customers at the right point in their journey.
- Write detailed action plans and thorough briefs for areas to improve and implement content
- Find opportunities to support onsite campaigns with lifestyle content
- Establish analytics to understand how inbound marketing translates into customers
- Writing detailed briefs for content creation based on insights and research
- Optimising content to convert traffic through to landing pages
- Help bring real customers’ homes into the content process
- Work with influencers to develop core relationship and provide content collaborations for onsite projects.
- Find communities and opportunities to drive new customers back to AO Life and AO.com.
A Few Things About You
- Creative thinker
- Strong communicator and good at building relationships
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and how content translates
- Ability to work to deadlines and manage stakeholder expectations
Nice to haves:
- Good SEO best practice awareness
- Experience with electricals market
- Experience driving UGC content
- Strong writer
- Agency experience
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.