A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
At first glance AO Business and ao.com seem quite similar, but they’re worlds apart. Our product range is more diverse and the needs of our clients more varied. We want to do with the B2B market what ao.com did to the online retail market, challenging the norm to find a better way of doing business.
- The successful candidate will manage our Strategic Partnerships Support Team of Account Executives who take care of the day-to-day running of accounts for some of our largest clients
- Hours: rotational shifts Monday - Friday 8-6pm
- You will be supported by our comprehensive induction and ongoing training with our wider team
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Manage daily call volumes to deliver maximum customer satisfaction. Calls are both inbound and outbound
* Display exceptional behaviours like care, urgency & determination
* Maintain a positive team atmosphere
- Manage and motivate the team through coaching and development, reward and recognition and establishing effective performance development plans in accordance with objectives
- Guarantee the quality commitments established with the client (SLA: Service Level Agreement) are adhered to
- Analyse results against objectives and implement all necessary actions to improve them
- Provide a weekly summary of activities and results
- Manage up to show thought process of decisions being made
- Be a self-starter with a high level of motivation and ability to adapt to changes in a fast-moving contact centre
- Take ownership and drive your team’s contribution to the achievement of departments targets
- Manage business processes; time and attendance
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and work well within a team
A Few Things About You
- Experience in managing a team in a demanding contact centre
- Ability to manage targets and improve SLA’s
- Bold enough to drive better ways of working
- Expert organisational skills enabling you to manage many varied tasks
- Passion for self-development
- Motivated with a desire to deliver an exceptional service
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to organise and prioritise tasks effectively
- Familiar with Microsoft Excel and excellent written skills
- Ability to adapt to change and a desire to learn new processes
- Commercially aware - driving continuous improvements
- A desire to learn quickly
- Knowledge of HR procedures and policies
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.