A Bit About Us
We’re a team of individuals who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
You will be the main point of contact between us and our clients as well as their customers regarding any issues or customer service queries. In order to provide the best customer service possible you will also work very closely with the rest of the client support team, and liaise daily with our inventory and reverse logistics teams.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Our Client Support Advisors provide essential customer service by answering all client and customer calls to provide a positive outcome on all queries. You are focussed on delivering excellent customer service and aim to provide a resolution to all problems first time. You will do this by;
* Booking our clients’ deliveries in line with lead times, postcode matrix and survey requirements to ensure that the delivery is successful
* Taking inbound calls from customers and clients regarding a range of queries
* Recording and updating information accurately
* Offering solutions to any issues that might arise, to make sure that our clients and their customers are always happy
* Learning more about the support we offer to our clients and their customers and undertaking more ad-hoc duties as your knowledge and capabilities increase
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER?
* Customer satisfaction by recording all delivery information accurately and ensuring that we try to resolve all queries in the first call
* Preventing delivery failures by correctly booking customer orders
* A fantastic pre-delivery service in line with our benchmarks, so you will achieve a 93% average call score and take an average of 12 calls per hour
* Following our agreed procedures and processes
A Few Things About You
We are looking for a client support advisor who really cares and about service we deliver to our customers You need to be driven to achieve your KPIs while still remaining customer focussed, remembering that we always strive to make our customers happy. You need to be smart enough gather and record accurate information and then use this to find solutions to any customer queries and be bold enough to resolve issues independently.
Although a contact centre background is not essential for this role, you will need to have a clear understanding of customer service and have proven customer service skills. You will also have;
* Experience of communicating with a number of different departments via phone and email
* Experience of problem solving in a service setting
* Ability to work within a clearly defined process and follow defined procedures
* Evidence of times when you have "gone the extra mile" for your customers
- The ability to listen to, and understand our customers
* Strong communication skills, especially on the phone or via email
* A can-do attitude
* Able to resolve queries independently and in a positive way so that our customers are always happy
* Understanding of logistics is preferred but not essential
* PC literate - using Word, Excel and Outlook
* Comfortable using in-house database systems
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.