A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a Company Secretarial / Legal Assistant to join our growing Legal & Company Secretariat function, working in Lostock, Bolton.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
As part of the team, you will be:
- Ensuring all Group statutory records and regulatory filings are maintained and up to date and assisting with the creation of a corporate database
- Providing meeting support for the PLC and subsidiary Board and Committees including the preparation of board packs and uploading to the Board portal, scheduling meetings and general meeting administration
- Preparing subsidiary Board minutes and resolutions
* Assisting with the annual audit and the preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts and the interim results
* Assisting with the preparation of required stock exchange announcements to comply with the Listing Rules and the Disclosure & Transparency Rules
* Maintaining the Company’s Insider Register to comply with MAR
* Maintaining other registers including conflicts of interest and related parties
* Assisting with the administration of the Company’s Share Schemes
* Assisting with the preparation of the AGM
* Providing general support to the Head of Legal and Company Secretary, Deputy Company Secretary and Senior Lawyer
* Administration of NDAs, Parent Company Guarantees, compliance & training records
A Few Things About You
ICSA Qualified or Part-Qualified (Desirable) / Law DegreeResilient with the ability to work at paceAbility to communicate at all levels internally & externallyHave excellent attention to detailStrong organisation & prioritisation skillsExcellent Microsoft skills (Word/Excel/PowerPoint)Experience within a company secretarial department or legal department (Desirable)
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.