About The Role
Joining AO’s busy communications team, your role will be to support the External Communications Manager in activating and delivering the retail PR plan across AO.com, Mobile Phones Direct and AO stores. The role will be predominantly focused on the retail side of the business, but with opportunities to work across the wider group too.
We’re looking for somebody who is a news hound that has a passion for telling stories and delivering PR-driven results.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Support the External Communications Manager in executing the communications strategy with the explicit aim of securing coverage and increasing brand awareness for AO
- Support with the implementation of the sub business unit retail plans across AO.com, Mobile Phones Direct and AO stores
- Support the External Communications Manager with reporting (daily, weekly, and monthly performance against forecast and KPI’s)
- Implement and deliver the plans for manufacturer funded campaigns
- eveloping and maintaining key relationships with the media alongside the wider team
- Being a newshound, monitoring the media including newspapers, magazines, broadcast and newswires on a daily basis for newsjacking opportunities to promote the business
- Researching, writing and distributing newsworthy press releases, features, thought leadership content and spokespeople quotes across several communications channels
- Coordinating with the non-retail PR and internal communications teams to make sure that every story we tell has the maximum impact across channel
- Coordinating press photography, events and press visits
- and industry
- Developing strong internal relationships, particularly with the AO Retail team such as marketing, trade marketing and trading
A Few Things About You
- PR experience in a fast-paced PR environment, gained either in-house or in agency at junior account manager/senior account executive level
- Experience working on retail PR campaigns for national consumer brands with a portfolio of national coverage
- Confident at selling-in and able to build lasting relationships with journalists
- Exceptional writing skills and a nose for a good story
- A strong creative streak and brimming with fresh ideas
- Enthusiastic, ambitious and driven with an eagerness for learning and self-development
- You’ll be a team player that thrives on getting stuck in and working on a variety of projects
- Strong attention to detail and highly organised
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.