A Bit About Us
At AO we are all working towards the same purpose and mission to have the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way are you ready to be part of that?
As our Commercial Vehicle Mechanic, you will report into our VMU (Vehicle Maintenance Unit) manager, to ensure that the operation runs smoothly and that each of our vehicles that leave the yard everyday are maintained to the highest standard and comply with current H&S legislations.
More About the Role
On a day to day basis you can expect to be repairing a variety of different vehicles in our fleet which include Renault, Peugeot and Mercedes using the correct methods of repair and to the highest standard. You will be required to have a can do attitude to complete work in a timely fashion to tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will need to hold a clean driving licence and come from a commercial mechanic background. Essentially you must be capable of producing high quality work standards whilst maintaining attention to detail.
* General maintenance of the AO Logistics fleet - identifying faults, making improvements, keeping accurate records, exceeding demanding quality and safety standards.
* To be aware of and adhere to all necessary company standards and Health and Safety procedures.
* Recording all repairs and parts that have been used.
* Clutch changes & minor accident damage repairs
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
We require a qualified commercial mechanic to join our expanding team who has previous or relevant experience. You will;
* Have the ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
* Have a thorough approach to your work along with attention to detail, and be courteous, honest and accountable at all times.
* Understanding of vehicle legislation.
* Full driving licence required
* Relevant qualification in Light Vehicle Technology
* Own hand tools if possible. Other large tools/equipment is supplied.
A Few Things About You
Our successful candidate will have the ability to build lasting, effective relationships with people around you, even under pressure and in difficult situations. You must be bold enough to challenge any vehicle issues or damages whilst being smart enough to think on your feet. You will be passionate about the role and be driven to push our fleets’ performance forward.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO'way of doing things is vital to our success. We're passionate people, determined to do whatevers necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you'd expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO'er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO'ers don't just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn't our thing. We don't follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.