About The Role
This is a part of a busy and growing in-house legal team who advise on all areas of the business, which operates mainly as an online electrical retailer, but which also has divisions including a recycling business, in-house logistics, mobile phones and financial services - both in the UK and in Europe.
Our legal team currently consists of the Legal Director and five solicitors and not much happens in the business without it coming across our desks at some point.
Our job is to figure out how the commercial teams can do what they want to do, legally! We also play a central role in risk management and commercial negotiations. We want someone who can act quickly and offer practical solutions to a variety of commercial problems.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- General commercial lawyer with experience in technology related matters (main focus will be tech related)
- General help across the business as and when required
- Review and negotiation of contracts
- Advising the business on legal compliance, contracts, regulations and disputes;
- Providing training to the business;
A Few Things About You
- UK Qualified lawyer (5-7 years PQE although any PQE will be considered)
- Experience of private practice or in-house.
- Must be a team player who thrives in a busy and challenging environment;
- General commercial/contracts experience and confident in the following areas Sale and supply of goods and services, and Consumer Protection, E-commerce and Data Protection.
- Detailed knowledge and experience of IT related contracts, including software as a service contracts and technology licensing agreements.
- Experience in advising on digital transformation, digital infrastructure, licensing and collaboration matters desirable.
- A keen interest in AI (Artificial Intelligence), Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Centre, Collaboration, Video, IoT or Internet of Things, Networking and Security.
- Be an excellent communicator who is able to build strong relationships with a wide variety of internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Familiar with Microsoft products;
- Be comfortable working autonomously.
- Languages - German would be desirable but not necessary.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.