About The Role
Working in the sales and margin team within our Commercial Department, you’ll add value to the business driving commercial analysis of a specific category of products or marketplace.
You’ll work within our wider commercial team helping to report, analyse and explain performance before making recommendations on range, pricing, promotions and our customer proposition.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Perform in depth analysis and make recommendations in relation to:
- Sales performance and mix
- Manufacturer performance
- Promotional activity
- Customer proposition and pricing
- Traffic and conversion performance by channel
- Performance of both free and paid channels
- Build collaborative relationships with our Trading, Supply Chain, Finance and Acquisition departments providing each with a clear commercial steer.
- Produce and develop weekly sales and margin reporting and analysis, utilising technologies.
- Build and continually improve the monthly forecasting of sales, margin and selling price for your category.
- Support other business teams through analysis and sharing of best practice
A Few Things About You
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations
- Solid business and commercial awareness
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set
- Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
What additional skills are desirable?
- Experience of working with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of PowerBI or similar data visualisation dashboard building
- Python or similar programming language experience
- Experience of regression analysis within commercial work.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.