A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Working in the margin team within our Commercial Department, you’ll add value to the business through the commercial analysis of sales, margin and acquisition for a category of products. You’ll support our Buyers by analysing and making recommendations on performance of pricing, promotions and our customer proposition. You’ll also be involved in driving the analysis of our acquisition campaigns, with a focus on optimizing our paid channels.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Weekly sales and margin reporting and analysis.
o Sales performance and mix
o Manufacturer performance
o Promotional activity
o Customer proposition and pricing
o Traffic and conversion performance by channel
o Performance of both free and paid channel
Support other business teams through analysis and sharing of best practice
Communicating analysis with our Purchasing, Finance and Marketing departments and providing clear recommendations on the back this work.
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or Business-related discipline
- Experience of working within a commercial or analytical function
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Solid business and commercial awareness
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set
- Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
- Ambitious and self-motivated
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
What additional skills are desirable?
- Experience of working with relational databases and SQL
- Knowledge of PowerBI or similar data visualisation dashboard building
- Python or similar programming language experience
- Experience of regression analysis within commercial work.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.