A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
At AO.com, we’re passionate about learning more about what our customers want. You’ll sit within our commercial analysis team but be part of the product team dedicated to better understanding our customer needs with the aim of creating a seamless personalised customer experience, which also drives sales and profitability.
As a personalisation team we are devoted to driving sales through onsite and offsite strategies. It’s vital that we understand the browsing and buying behaviour of our visitors and customers through analysis and exploration, whilst understanding the efficiencies that can be leveraged in other areas of the business.
This role is part of a new initiative to work in product teams, which allows the team to live and breathe the product by being fully integrated in a cross-functional team. Your role within this team will be part commercial analyst, part web analyst, part customer analyst, all with a personalisation focus. You will provide analysis on the performance of our personalisation actions, performing analysis and providing recommendations to improve the personalised experience we offer customers.
The successful candidate will also show the ability to adapt to meet the business needs and will be eager to learn and develop quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Use a ‘test and learn’, hypothesis driven approach to improve onsite conversion rate. quickly learning what works and what doesn’t for the customer, sales and profitability.
- Detailed reporting and analysis on test performance considering overall commercial impact.
- Performing segmentation analysis and strategies to maximise performance of product
- Understanding onsite and offsite visitor behavior though exploratory analysis, and using this to suggest personalisation actions
- Work closely with developers and data scientists to develop a market leading product
- Performing gap analysis to identify opportunities on how to develop product
A Few Things About You
- 2.1/ 1st class degree, preferably in a numerate subject (Maths, Stats, Economics, Computer Science)
- 3+ year’s experience in an analytical role, either commercial, web/digital or customer focussed
- Not just a "data person", but able to perform analysis to make recommendations and drive actions forward, liaising with stakeholders around the business
- Highly curious, keen to get under the skin of the data and understand the business and our customers
- Comfortable analysing large datasets, SQL skills highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, being able to explain your findings in a language that non-technical audiences can understand.
- CAN DO attitude - results focussed and always proactively trying to find a better way
- Highly driven, resilient and self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to perform well in a fast paced changing environment
- Exceptional attention to detail with a data driven approach to providing solutions
- Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Working knowledge of a web analytics platform and experience working with web data (Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics etc) is desirable but training will be provided
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.