About The Role
Working in the sales and margin team within our Commercial Department, you’ll add value to the business driving commercial analysis of a specific category of products or marketplace.
You’ll work within our wider commercial team helping to report, analyse and explain performance before making recommendations on range, pricing, promotions and our customer proposition.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Perform in depth analysis and make recommendations in relation to:
* Sales performance and mix
* Manufacturer performance
* Promotional activity
* Customer proposition and pricing
* Traffic and conversion performance by channel
* Performance of both free and paid channels
* Build collaborative relationships with our Trading, Supply Chain, Finance and Acquisition departments providing each with a clear commercial steer.
* Produce and develop weekly sales and margin reporting and analysis, utilising technologies.
* Build and continually improve the monthly forecasting of sales, margin and selling price for your category.
* Support other business teams through analysis and sharing of best practice
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or Business-related discipline
* Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
* Solid business and commercial awareness
* Highly numerate/analytical mind-set
* Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
* Ambitious and self-motivated
* Excellent organisation & attention to detail
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
What additional skills are desirable?
* Experience of working with relational databases and SQL
* Knowledge of PowerBI or similar data visualisation dashboard building
* Python or similar programming language experience
* Experience of regression analysis within commercial work.
A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.#AO Jobs