A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
We are looking for a driven and proactive Analyst to join our exciting and ever growing UK Retail Business. You will add value to the business through detailed, commercial analysis of our digital acquisition spend, ultimately to drive forward the financial performance of our business.
You will work closely with our UK acquisition team and the wider Commercial team, to provide insight, recommendations and shape our acquisition strategy across individual channels, categories & clients.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Performing routine detailed analysis and insightful reporting on our digital advertising Cost & Revenue, tracking performance against both forecast and year on year. Ultimately, you are there to make sure we are staying on track each day or raise the alarm if we need to take action to get us back to where we need to be. You analysis will cover a selection of our paid channels, categories & clients.
- Adding full commercial control to all decisions in your area, considering the P&L contribution impact of your actions, and communicating this in your analysis.
- Completing ad hoc requests for information and analysis to help support the business make informed data driven decisions to seize opportunities and drive results.
- Being the police officer of your area by relentlessly monitoring performance and more importantly understanding the why for variations so that you are able to provide sound commercial recommendations supported by sound analytical evidence.
- Communicating analysis & results with our Acquisition, Trading, Finance and Marketing departments along with your recommendations, and seeing any actions through.
A Few Things About You
- Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or Business-related discipline.
- Experience working with Google Ad Words or Adobe Ad Cloud.
- Experience of working within a commercial or analytical function.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Solid business and commercial awareness.
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- Logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.