Commercial Finance Analyst
About The Role
There has never been a better time to join AO Mobile. We're experiencing a rapid phase of growth in our mobile business and have really exciting plans for the future.
This role plays a vital part in the successful delivery of Mobile Phones Directs strategy, and ultimately outperforming our budget, coordinating stakeholders from around the business and providing the key link between the trading performance and our financial accounts.
We're looking for a driven and curious analyst to join our commercial team focusing on the delivery of profitable growth for our mobile division, including our mobilephonesdirect.co.uk site.
You'll have the opportunity and support to drive the business through insightful financial analysis, managing the P&L and working collaboratively with key stakeholders across the business.
This role will also offer a fantastic study package to complete the CIMA qualification.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Providing regular commercial insights on trading performance to a wide range of stakeholders across the business to ensure sales and profitability targets are achieved.
- Lead the cross functional team focuses on optimising trading plans with supply chain and marketing, supporting with regular insight and driving actions to achieve network and manufacturer sales targets.
- Manage the commercial P&L - presenting variance analysis on a regular basis to senior management - and working closely with finance to support with the production of the management accounts.
- Coordinate and lead the forecasting and commercial budgeting process. and presenting variance analysis on a regular basis to senior management.
- Produce insightful reports regarding the Mobile market performance, and importantly presenting risks and opportunities to our Trading, Purchasing and Marketing teams.
- Drive improvement across all processes and aid the departments development towards advanced analytics and best practice solutions.
A Few Things About You
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- Experience of working within a commercial/finance function.
- Committed to gaining CIMA qualification.
- Confidence to challenge the status quo and offer recommendations.
- Great communication skills with the ability to build great relationships
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.