£35,000 per Year Permanent
About The Role
Our Commercial Analyst will be working with various departments in the business. We need someone who can communicate with people on all levels in a friendly and professional way. You will report to the Commercial Business Partner and work closely with other members of the Commercial team.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
We are looking for someone methodical and detail orientated who fits well into a busy commercial team. The aim is to provide all areas of the business with the right information they need to deliver a fantastic service to our customers in the most efficient way possible.
You will be primarily involved with delivering P&L analysis to support our weekly reporting and supporting with the annual budget and monthly forecasts. You will do this by…
* Undertaking detailed cost analysis.
* Collating and analysing data, then translating this into meaningful reports.
* Building reporting solutions to give us the tools to be better at what we do.
* Working with the operation to identify potential cost saving opportunities.
* Generating reports using excel and a selection of internal systems.
YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER:
* Produce accurate financial reports on time and in a format that is suitable for the audience.
* Support the Commercial Business Partner to deliver our monthly forecast and annual budget.
* Challenge our current reporting and controls.
* Learn business processes and identify opportunities.
A Few Things About You
We are looking for someone who understands the vital role they play in providing accurate and actionable information to the business.
You will be able to work under pressure while developing strong collaborative relationships with the whole operation.
You will need to be detail orientated and methodical while working to keep up with changing numbers, processes and targets in our ever-changing business.
You should be open to continuous on the job development either through formal opportunities such as CIMA/work-based classes or informal training in the team.
We are looking for someone who has proven cost, financial or business analysis experience and can use this to help improve the way we work. You will also have;
* Understanding of costs within the P&L
* Cost analysis, finance or business analysis experience
* Able to work on a cross-functional basis
* Experience at working with excel to manipulate and interpret data in a business environment
* Part CIMA qualified desirable but not essential.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Strong analytical ability and an inquisitive mind
* Confidence to present information to senior managers and challenge the status quo
* A collaborative and friendly approach when dealing with others
* Able to develop strong working relationships with all departments
* Deadline driven, methodical and detailed focused with excellent prioritisation skills. Ability to manage your own workload and manage expectations appropriately
* Highly proficient in Excel (advanced or expert level)
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 33 days holiday
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.