About The Role
Our commercial team are slap bang in the middle of our retail business. (Literally - they sit on the 2nd floor)… Without them, we wouldn’t have the insights needed to make decisions on range, pricing, promotions and all the other things that makes AO the number one destination for electricals.
As one of our Commercial Analysts, we’ll give you a specific category of products to look after so you can take complete ownership of that area.
You’ll analyse our performance and make recommendations on how we can improve. With our retail P&L at your fingertips, you’ll see just how much of an impact you personally make to the business.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
We currently have 3 openings in the team - sales and margin, consumer finance and delivery & service proposition. But whatever side you land on, day-to-day it’ll look a little like this…
- Perform in-depth analysis and make recommendations on things such as; sales and margin performance, manufacturer performance, promotional activity, customer proposition and pricing, consumer finance opportunity, website development
- Collaborate with our Trading, Supply Chain, Finance and Acquisition departments and be the expert on all things commercial
- Produce weekly sales and margin reporting, translating your findings into something that’s easy to understand for all audiences
- Deliver monthly forecasting of sales, margin and selling price for the category that you look after
- Support other business teams through analysis and sharing of best practices
And your hard work won’t go un-noticed. We’ve got robust development plans in place to progress all of our analysts with the right amount of support, training and opportunities to grow.
A Few Things About You
- Part-qualified ACCA/CIMA/ACA.
- Minimum 2.1, preferably in Maths, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or Business-related discipline.
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisation and attention to detail
- Great communication skills
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.