About The Role
The Manchester Commercial Finance team at AO has a varied remit, from finance and operations, to reporting and analytics. As a Commercial Analyst it’ll be your job to support our Commercial team across all aspects of our KPI and P&L reporting. You will be able to work under pressure and be driven to hit tight deadlines and can communicate with people on all levels in a friendly and professional way. You will report to the RP&A Manager and work very closely with our whole Commercial team.
We work in a fast-paced business in a constantly changing environment, however, the Commercial Finance function provides stability with a timetable that allows for regular reporting to be used for meetings and decision making. Our employees are able to work towards a timely schedule, however, are still required to think on their feet.
A fantastic analytical role, with a blended mix of office-based working in Manchester City Centre alongside working from home.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Ownership of daily KPI performance/P&L reporting and variance analysis.
• Preparing monthly reporting packs for our external clients.
• Involvement in monthly commission calculations and performance analysis.
• Assisting with weekly/monthly P&L reporting and forecasting processes.
• Using Excel to develop new reports and to manipulate and interpret large amounts of data from different sources.
• Work to strict deadlines, working with multiple key stakeholders across the business.
• Support Senior Management by providing relevant information and analysis for key decision making.
A Few Things About You
• Relevant experience in reporting and analysis, which can include a work placement whilst at university (1 year).
• GCSE English & Maths A-C or equivalent.
• Strong numerical and analytical skills.
• Excellent organisation and attention to detail.
• Ability to work to strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Proactive approach and needs to embrace the company values.
• Excellent IT skills including advanced use of Excel/PowerPoint.
Nice to have’s
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience with Power BI and SQL desirable but not essential.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.