About The Role
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst to join our exciting and ever-growing UK Logistics Business, focusing on commercial finance performance.
You will assist with developing the commercial P&L, driving forward performance of our logistics business through insightful investigation, analysis and the implementation of accurate forecast models.
You will build collaborative relationships with your colleagues within your team, Finance Teams and the wider Commercial team, to positively impact AO performance and strategy.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Assist with the production, development and distribution of the UK Logistics P&L, key metrics and commentary. Working closely with the wider commercial team to understand key cost drivers and profitability.
- Help to drive improvement throughout the P&L, challenging key metrics and identify areas of opportunity.
- Assist with the production of forecasting models to demonstrate our current performance and expected future costs/savings.
- Help to identify cost savings and efficiencies working closely with the operation where appropriate to do so and subsequently making recommendations to drive change.
- Educate, support and police the business in pursuit of all relevant cost metrics.
A Few Things About You
- Highly numerate/analytical mind-set.
- 3+ years’ experience of working within a commercial or accounting function pulling together financial reporting..
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel.
- Ambitious and self-motivated.
- Excellent organisation & attention to detail.
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.