About The Role
This role offers a junior analyst the next step in their career, providing the opportunity to join a fast-paced, highly motivated team which is integral to the growth and success of AO. You’ll work in the Sales and Margin team within the wider Commercial department, adding value by driving valuable analysis of a specific category or marketplace.
It’s a varied role which offers the opportunity to work with stakeholders across the business to provide reporting, analysis, and insight on performance, influencing decisions and making recommendations.
We encourage you to push boundaries and continually look for smarter ways to work, driving data-driven decisions in the best interest of the business.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll own the day-to-day analysis of your category’s performance as well as supporting longer terms business projects. You will have the opportunity to work closely with many other areas of the business to drive the Commercial value of key business decisions.
- Perform in depth analysis and make recommendations in relation to
- Sales performance and mix
- Manufacturer performance
- Promotional activity
- Customer proposition and pricing
- Build collaborative relationships with our Trading, Supply Chain, Finance and Acquisition departments providing each with a clear commercial steer
- Produce and develop weekly sales and margin reporting and analysis, utilising technologies.
- Build and continually improve the monthly forecasting of sales, margin and selling price for your category.
- Support other business teams through analysis and sharing of best practice
A Few Things About You
This role requires you to have strong commercial awareness and the ability to make data-driven decisions in a fast-paced and highly changeable environment. You’ll be confident to challenge the status quo and make recommendations based on your analysis.
- previous experience of working within a commercial or analytical business function
- good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- a highly numerate/analytical mindset
- a logical and tenacious approach, demonstrating a can-do attitude
- excellent organisation and attention to detail
It’s a bonus if you have:
- experience of working with relational databases and SQL
- knowledge of PowerBI or similar visualisation dashboard building
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.