About The Role
We are looking for Class 1 / HGV Drivers to join our nights team in Gravesend:
In return for you living our values we provide:
* 4on 4off shift patterns to support a great home life balance.
* Salary £32,200, based on 40.25 hours per week. (Average hours)
* Overtime available.
* Fixed start times
* Fixed routes available.
* Excellent internal development opportunities.
* Employee discount and a growing list of other perks.
* Pension Plan.
* Staff Uniform.
* On-going learning and development opportunities within our business including fully funded periodic CPC training.
* Digital Tachograph Card renewal.
* Fully funded medicals for HGV Drivers aged 45 and over.
* Free Parking with 24Hour Security.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
As a HGV Trunk Driver for AO.com you will be trunking into depots across the UK. You will be professional, and service focused ensuring the goods are delivered to the depot in pristine condition and on time.
What we are looking for:
· Must hold a HGV Class 1 Driver (C+E) & driving licence.
* Current and Valid driver CPC card.
* Digital Tachograph card.
* No more than 6 penalty points. (No IN DR or DD codes)
* Excellent level of communication.
* Understanding of driver’s hours and working time directive.
* Good Timekeeping.
* New passes accepted.
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 24 days holiday
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.