About The Role
Do you have a Class 1 drivers’ licence?
All the magic is done at night by our Night team in Crewe, and we need Class 1 Trunk Drivers to trunk goods during the small hours to depots across the UK.
Being a Class 1 driver for AO, you’ll also get other great benefits, discounts, and cash plans, so there will always be something to smile about!
£16.10 per hour - Monday to Friday and Sunday to Thursday shift patterns - an average of 46.25 hours per week. There’s also the opportunity to pick up overtime when available so you can boost your earnings.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
We’ll provide you with all the training to deliver a second-to-none service and make sure the goods are delivered in pristine condition at AO speed.
A Few Things About You
- You must hold an HGV Class 1 Driver (C+E) & driving licence as well as a current and Valid driver CPC card.
- No more than 6 penalty points. (No IN DR or DD codes)
- A Digital Tachograph card to keep track of your driving when at work. We also offer Digital Tachograph Card renewal so that you’re compliant with drivers’ hours whilst at work.
- Good communication skills and are a team player.
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps.
- 33 days holiday
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
- Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care.
- Exciting bonus scheme in place for all AO employees. If AO does well over the next five years, our people could be in line for a lump sum equivalent to a year and a half's salary.
- Discount on AO products