About The Role
There’s never been a better time to join AO Mobile! We’re experiencing huge growth in our mobile business working with some of the biggest global brands - Apple, Samsung and Google to name just a few!
As Category Manager, you’ll drive growth across the mobile category on Mobile Phones Direct, leading the pricing team and strategy, advising on trading developments and co-ordinating trade marketing plans internally and with external partners.
This role is pivotal to the success of mobile as a category across both AO Group brands, Mobile Phones Direct , the largest independent consumer mobile retailer and AO.com, the UK’s most trusted electrical retailer.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You’ll predominantly focus on management of Tier 1 and Tier 2 manufacturer partners, selling in the Mobile strategy and securing buy in and investment from a commercial and channel & brand marketing perspective.
- End to end responsibility and ownership of the mobile category in its entirety on ao.com
- Negotiating quarterly and annual commercial agreements, KPIs, revenue, sales volumes etc
- Management of quarterly and annual targets make sure they’re successfully achieved.
- Securing investment in proposition and sales channels from dedicated telesales and contact centre programmes to Device Trade in and buy back.
- Securing and managing quarterly and annual channel and brand marketing investment from manufacturers
- Device selection and range construction
- Collaboration with Trading and Marketing on device campaign timing and investment
- Establishing and overseeing targets for revenue, profit, and volume
A Few Things About You
- You’ll have brilliant commercial acumen with a deep understanding of market dynamics, pricing, and cost structures
- Curious mindset, with experience of influencing change for growth
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with internal teams and external suppliers
- You’ll be adaptable, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with ever-changing priorities and deadlines
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!