About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Trading team as a Category buyer. You’ll sit within our AV division, managing our TV and sound bar category.
Working with some of our biggest brands, you will be responsible for the daily trading, reporting on trends, negotiating ranges, agreeing deals, daily pricing, SOAs and cost changes which are critical for the day-to-day successful running of a category. You will collaborate across multiple departments both internally and externally achieving mutually agreed targets. The role also involves managing & developing an Assistant Buyer.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office in Bolton Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do!
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Maximising sales & profit margin for defined categories
- Managing & negotiating terms of contract with suppliers
- Negotiating product support in a fluctuating market
- Optimising products
- Analysing & reporting of sales figures
- Sourcing and implementing ranges from branded key suppliers
- Managing and delivering a successful and demanding promotional strategy
- Tracking and reacting to competitor activity, whilst monitoring market fluctuations and trends
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with key manufactures & suppliers
- Managing stock holding & aged stock within agreed KPI’s
- Working cross-departmentally to deliver best strategy
- Managing and developing an Assistant Buyer
A Few Things About You
- Experience of buying within retail and/or e-commerce
- Self-motivated, passionate and driven
- Supplier management - ability to build strong , professional relationships with all Account Managers
- Confident in communicating and presenting
- Passionate about manage and developing others
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.