About The Role
Did you know, we sell to businesses? As part of our AO Business division, we support landlords through to charities with all their electrical needs! Whether they need one product or 100, we give them the freedom to order what they need, when they need it, all with amazing AO service.
As a Category Buyer at AO, you’ll plan, source, and manage a defined range of branded products in-line with market trends and competitor activity. It’s challenging whilst rewarding, providing lots of opportunity for you to build relationships and collaborate across a variety of departments both internally and externally, always working towards our strategic goals as a trading team.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Maximising sales and profit margin for defined categories
- Managing and negotiating terms of contract with suppliers
- Negotiating product support in a fluctuating market
- Optimising products
- Analysing and reporting of sales figures
- Sourcing and implementing ranges from branded key suppliers
- Managing and delivering a successful and demanding promotional strategy
- Tracking and reacting to competitor activity, whilst monitoring market fluctuations and trends
- Building and maintaining excellent working relationships with key manufactures & suppliers
- Managing stock holding & aged stock within agreed KPI’s
- Working cross-departmentally to deliver best strategy
- Managing and developing an Assistant Buyer
A Few Things About You
- Experience of working within a similar role - Supply Chain/Buying/Trading
- Able to successfully negotiate trading and extended ranges
- Supplier management - ability to build strong , professional relationships with all Account Managers
- Confident in communicating and presenting
- Passionate about managing and developing others
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.