A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious Campaign Manager to join our growing marketing team, based at our Bolton head office. This role with primarily focus on the delivery of marketing campaigns working across multiple channels and projects.
You’ll be working alongside our Senior Marketing Manager and campaign team to plan and deliver high profile campaigns across the group.
With a focus on communicating all the great reasons to choose AO products and services, you’ll be responsible for the end to end management of campaigns, working with teams across the wider business to deliver highly targeted, creative and effective marketing campaigns.
No two days are the same here at AO, so the right candidate will be self-motivated and willing to get stuck in with whatever comes their way whether that’s delivering a high-profile campaign or looking at ways to constantly improve. This is an ever-evolving team with opportunities to get involved in a variety projects, so we’re looking for someone who will relish the challenge!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Supporting the planning of AO campaigns
- End to end project management of AO initiated campaigns, ensuring campaigns are delivered on time, within budget and against objectives
- Working closely with wider marketing teams; performance, CRM, PR and comms, analytics and creative, to ensure channel representation and alignment
- Work with the trade marketing teams to monetise product placement and facilitate manufacturer sign off
- Analysing and reporting on campaigns using learnings to optimise and inform future campaigns
- Researching and staying up to date with new trends and advances within the industry, being the expert within the team.
- Being the go to person for all things campaign related, keeping team up to date and driving visibility of campaigns across the business
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and external agencies as required.
- Work with an in-house creative team to deliver campaign creative assets
A Few Things About You
- Extensive experience working on a variety of marketing campaigns from inception to completion.
- A people person who can build relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Passionate about all things marketing with the desire to be an expert in the field.
- Energetic, creative, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Excellent organisation skills, able to consistently hit deadline with the confidence to express your ideas.
- Analytical and results driven, constantly looking for opportunities to improve performance.
- Strong attention to detail. A team player who gets stuck in and enjoys working on a variety of projects.
- Examples of delivering campaigns that meet or exceed the agreed KPIs.
- At least five years’ marketing experience in a fast-paced environment, gained either in-house or at an agency at an account manager level.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.