A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Working within the Business Intelligence team you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, documenting and maintaining our Data Warehousing, Reporting and Data Modelling solutions.
You’ll be hands on, identifying user needs, prototyping solutions, testing ideas and working with stakeholders from across the business to produce reporting and analytical solutions to specification and within deadlines. You’ll be identifying new data sets and ways to integrate these with our existing systems, while responding quickly to changes in external products.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
* Developing analytical solutions that provide the analysts of the business the ability to gain insight into the data
* Ownership of the end-to-end ETL processes feeding the data warehouse
* Ownership and development of new and existing Data Models
* Working with other teams within AO to understand business logic, identifying new areas to explore
* Ensuring development is performed in conjunction with the overall BI strategy
* Composing technical documentation as required
* Responding to issues and change requests to existing BI systems through the helpdesk
A Few Things About You
You’ll be passionate about data and analytics, have great attention to detail and a drive to produce high quality solutions.
You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritise tasks and work efficiently between multiple tasks in different technologies.
You’ll have experience working in agile environments, and be a self-motivated, team player that the team can depend on.
You’ll have experience with the following technologies, as well as strong T-SQL skills and a good understanding of querying and query optimisation, indexing techniques and execution plans.
* SQL Server 2014
* Integration Services
* Reporting Services
* Analysis Services (Multidimensional Mode)
* Microsoft Azure
* Azure SQL Database
* Azure SSAS
* Tabular Modelling
* Power BI
Desirable Skills include:
* Experience developing in C# or other .net language
* Test Driven Database Development
* Exposure to other Business Intelligence Products (Non-Microsoft)
* Experience with source control (Mercurial and GIT)
* Passion for good data visualisation
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
‘We believe that to do your best at work, we need to support your other commitments. It’s about being able to work in a way that offers a layer of flexibility while getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.’
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.