A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
Working within the Business Intelligence team you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, documenting and maintaining our Data Warehousing, Reporting and Data Modelling solutions.
You’ll be hands on, identifying user needs, prototyping solutions, testing ideas and working with stakeholders from across the business to produce reporting and analytical solutions to specification and within deadlines. You’ll be identifying new data sets and ways to integrate these with our existing systems, while responding quickly to changes in external products.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Developing analytical solutions that provide the analysts of the business the ability to gain insight into the data
- Ownership of the end-to-end ETL processes feeding the data warehouse
- Ownership and development of new and existing Data Models
- Working with other teams within AO to understand business logic, identifying new areas to explore
- Ensuring development is performed in conjunction with the overall BI strategy
- Composing technical documentation as required
- Responding to issues and change requests to existing BI systems through the helpdesk
A Few Things About You
You’ll be passionate about data and analytics, have great attention to detail and a drive to produce high quality solutions.
You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritise tasks and work efficiently between multiple tasks in different technologies.
You’ll have experience working in agile environments, and be a self-motivated, team player that the team can depend on.
You’ll have experience with the following technologies, as well as strong T-SQL skills and a good understanding of querying and query optimisation, indexing techniques and execution plans.
- SQL Server 2014
- Integration Services
- Reporting Services
- Analysis Services (Multidimensional Mode)
- Microsoft Azure
- Azure SQL Database
- Azure SSAS
- Tabular Modelling
- Power BI
Desirable Skills include:
- Experience developing in C# or other .net language
- Test Driven Database Development
- Exposure to other Business Intelligence Products (Non-Microsoft)
- Experience with source control (Mercurial and GIT)
- Passion for good data visualisation
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.