About The Role
The Housebuilder team are responsible for selling AO’s proposition into both National and Regional builders alike. Our vision is to make a positive change to the way appliances are delivered to site. The successful candidate would be joining a project with very high aspirations and our goal is very simple - to be the best.
AO are aiming to become the largest distributor operating with the industry.
Currently there are three BDM’s. The Southern territory is being split into the SW and SE. AO are looking for an experienced account manager who is comfortable taking on the South East territory. Using their experience and contacts within the industry, they would be responsible for winning sites, driving growth, and ensuring the builders receive industry leading service levels.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Responsible for growing our market share in the South East. This is done by winning sites with builders we already have agreements with, as well as bringing in new business with regional housebuilders operating in the SE
- Completing tenders for new business
- Account managing existing customer base
- Maintenance of salesforce records
- Building long term relationships with builders
A Few Things About You
- Industry experience. Experience selling to builders essential. Preferably with direct experience with either appliances or kitchens
- Excellent personal skills - relationships key in this industry
- Able to own a situation and find solutions when a problem is encountered
- Proactive attitude and a strong desire to join an exciting project
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.