A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
At AO Business, we’re learning more and more about our business every day, and we are looking for someone to lead the charge in the field of business change.
As a business we’re on an ambitious journey, tearing up the rule book on B2B commerce, and doing things the AO Way. We need equally ambitious people to join our quest and grow with the business, unafraid to take bold steps and make smart decisions!
Working closely with teams across the group, we need you to take the lead on the delivery of key projects and operational initiatives, from initial analysis and requirement documentation, to a structured and successful rollout.
Our ideal candidate should be passionately invested in their projects, to the level where they’re comfortable donning the ‘Project Manager’ cape when required.
Projects will range from internal IT improvements and bespoke software applications, to helping launch entirely new business ventures from the ground up!
This will require you to leverage not only your own skills, but those of the wider AO family, including AO Tech, Commercial & Ops.
We’re looking for someone who’s inquisitive by nature, works in a controlled and organised way, is adaptable to new challenges and is passionate about identifying and presenting the most efficient solutions.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Invest quality time with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business from the people who know it best!
* Produce detailed and accurate process and requirements documentation.
* Provide regular updates to stakeholders on a wide range of business areas, both verbally and in written formats.
* Work closely with AO Tech and other group functions to drive long-lasting change through projects and development.
* Act as an advisor to the wider team, offering the benefit of your experience as required.
A Few Things About You
- A degree within a relevant field (min 2.1 preferable) / Relevant equivalent qualifications.
* Minimum 2 years’ Project management experience, preferably with knowledge / experience of Agile practices.
* Operational experience desirable but not essential.
* Good -to- strong knowledge of MS Office packages inc. Visio & Excel.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Methodical and analytical approach to work.
* Excellent attention to detail.
* Results driven and ambitious.
* Able to take ownership of work produced and drive E2E business.
The difference with us is that our values mirror every single one of our people. We haven’t made them up; they’re who we are and what we absolutely believe in, and you will need them too!
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.