A Bit About Us
AO go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business. We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
In December 2018 we celebrated the purchase of Mobile Phones Direct, a leading online-only retailer of mobile phones, to further extend our business into this exciting market. MPD is an award winning company that partners with all of the key mobile networks - EE, O2, Vodafone and Three - as well as the leading handset brands to deliver a complete mobile offering.
More About the Role
Working collaboratively with our passionate in-house teams, you will support our product development teams in understanding business requirements and their associated benefits. You will play a key role in planning, implementing and delivering value in a challenging and fast paced environment.
Your role will involve analysing, understanding and documenting requirements of business stakeholders. You will be confident in communicating any changes in priorities to the product development team, supporting them to proceed at a faster pace, by making decisions based on accurate and well-understood data.
You will be part of our Business Analyst community that will help to guide and support you in your progression.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Join and collaborate within our Business Analyst community which will not only support you individually on a professional level, but on a personal level as well.
- Gather and understand business requirements using appropriate techniques such as workshops, 1-2-1’s, stakeholder interviews, etc.
- Deliver clear, concise and accurate user stories and acceptance criteria detailing customer or user interactions.
- Create appropriate documentation such as process flows and wireframes / sketches to support conversations within your product development team and stakeholders.
- Constructively challenge requirements and priorities to support your product development team and stakeholders in maximising benefit, in an environment of continual change.
- Work closely with stakeholders in understanding relative priority of requirements and where appropriate, propose phasing options to help the business achieve value sooner.
- Work with stakeholders and other product development team members to agree and document scope.
- Be the first point of contact for product development team members when any clarification of requirements is needed.
- Provide support and guidance to the business when work is undergoing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Help support your product development team with sprint planning and daily stand ups.
- Own your product development teams’ backlog and manage expectations.
- Prepare and facilitate pre-sprint activities such as backlog grooming and 3-amigo sessions.
- Facilitate post-sprint activities for your product development team, such as retrospectives and product/ project reviews.
- Contribute to knowledge shares within the Business Analyst community, AO Tech and the wider AO group.
A Few Things About You
We believe that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an employee of AO mobile you can take full advantage of our benefits package. We offer the fundamentals of 25 days holiday and a company pension scheme. We also offer all employees the opportunity to take advantage of our partnership with Perkbox that offers over 200 exclusive perks.