A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
Working collaboratively with our passionate in-house teams, you will support our product development teams in understanding business requirements and their associated benefits. You will play a key role in planning, implementing and delivering value in a challenging and fast paced environment.
You will be part of our Business Analyst community that will help to guide and support you in your progression. Your role will involve analysing, understanding, documenting objectives, key results and requirements of business stakeholders. You will be confident in communicating any changes in priorities to the product development team, supporting them to proceed at a faster pace, by making decisions based on accurate and well-understood data.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Join and collaborate within our Business Analyst community which will not only support you individually on a professional level, but on a personal level as well.
- Gather and understand business requirements using appropriate techniques such as workshops, 1-2-1’s, stakeholder interviews, etc.
- Deliver clear, concise and accurate user stories and acceptance criteria detailing customer or user interactions.
- Create appropriate documentation such as process flows and wireframes / sketches to support conversations within your product development team and stakeholders.
- Constructively challenge requirements and priorities to support your product development team and stakeholders in maximising benefit, in an environment of continual change.
- Work closely with stakeholders in understanding relative priority of requirements and where appropriate, propose phasing options to help the business achieve value sooner.
- Own and contribute to your product development teams Quarterly Product Review presentation by setting objectives and key results (OKRs)
- Work with stakeholders and other product development team members to agree and document scope.
- Be the first point of contact for product development team members when any clarification of requirements is needed.
- Provide support and guidance to the business when work is undergoing user acceptance testing (UAT).
- Help support your product development team with sprint planning and daily stand ups.
- Own your product development teams’ backlog and manage expectations.
- Prepare and facilitate pre-sprint activities such as backlog grooming and 3-amigo sessions.
- Facilitate post-sprint activities for your product development team, such as retrospectives and product/ project reviews.
- Help facilitate post live reviews to measure the success of a work delivered against your OKRs.
- Contribute to knowledge shares within the Business Analyst community, AO Tech and the wider AO group.
A Few Things About You
- You will be driven and self-motivated with a strong ‘can do’ attitude in a fast paced environment.
- You will enjoy variety on a day-to-day basis and be able to support a development team to deal with ‘in-flight’ change.
- You will have experience of working on multiple projects and be able to manage your time effectively
- You will have experience working with project managers to manage stakeholder expectations and controlling project scope.
- You will be credible & reliable, and able to interact confidently with a wide range of people at all levels, internally and externally.
- You will have experience of working with 3rd party suppliers
- You will need a good understanding and demonstrable experience of analysis techniques including awareness of impact analysis, user interaction design, system interactions, data flow and process mapping.
- You will need to be commercially aware with the ability to think strategically when solving problems.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of crafting user stories, process flows and other forms of documentation will be required.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and communication skills.
- A sound understanding of agile development methodologies such as SCRUM / KANBAN would be advantageous.
- Be able to take a problem and visualise it to the wider business in a form which is easy to understand and talk about.
- An appreciation of how things work technically with the aim of facilitating conversations either with the development teams or non-technical stakeholders.
- Travel between our sites will be required.
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
‘We believe that to do your best at work, we need to support your other commitments. It’s about being able to work in a way that offers a layer of flexibility while getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.’
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.