About The Role
BAs are an integral part of our development teams working in the AO Tech department. Working collaboratively with our passionate in-house teams, you will support them in understanding business requirements and their associated benefits. You will play a key role in planning, implementing, and delivering value in a challenging and fast paced environment. In addition, there is a good choice of projects to get involved in.
If you’ve worked in an agile environment that would be a huge advantage. Our main criterion is that you’re an enthusiastic team player, willing to get stuck in and want to grow and be an example of what a BA should be.
You will be excited to hear that there are lots of opportunities outside of team to pick up other pieces of work giving you the opportunity to learn other areas of the business and meet other stakeholders really increasing your visibility and influence in AO.
You will be part of a mature BA community, focusing on developing and inspiring each other to be the best BAs possible. It is something we pride ourselves on and our community is the ‘Heart of Tech’. We build strong relationships with each other and put a lot of time and focus on how to keep our community as strong as it is.
We’re really focused on learning and growing, and to support that we have an active BA mentor community and a library of BA skills workshops that we’d encourage you to use. We’d love it if you wanted to contribute to these.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Gather and understand business requirements using appropriate techniques such as workshops, 1-2-1’s, stakeholder interviews, etc.
- Crafting epics, features and user stories and how to use these to present requirements.
- You will be able to use these user stories to talk to both stakeholders and the development team and they will demonstrate accurately what the team are working on.
- You’ll create appropriate documentation such as process flows and wireframes / sketches to support conversations within your development team and stakeholders.
- Collaborate with our UX team to build a user journey that your gran would be happy using.
- You’ll build close relationships with your stakeholders to understand their world and for them to collaborate with you and the team to help achieve business value.
- Work closely with the Product Owner to keep the team working to business priorities.
- Be the first point of contact for development team members when any clarification of requirements is needed.
- Help support your development team by being an active participant in all scrum ceremonies and help improve ways of working. You’ll be integral to ensuring successful backlog grooming and 3-amigo sessions.
- Backlog management will be an important responsibility and you’ll be confident in communicating priorities and ensuring decisions are made based on accurate and well-understood data.
A Few Things About You
- We’re looking for someone to hit the ground running, we don’t need you to meet all the requirement however we want someone who will get stuck in from the get go and make an impact.
- A keen advocate of using agile and lean methodologies to create value for our customers.
- A keen eye for problem solving and putting the customer first.
- Willing to share your knowledge and experiences to help drive improvement in your team and the department.
- Strong analytical skills and experience of crafting user stories, use cases, process flow’s and other forms of documentation will be required.
- A good understanding and demonstrable experience of analysis techniques including awareness of impact analysis, user interaction design, system interactions, data flow and process mapping.
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation and communication skills.
- Be able to take a problem and visualise it to the wider business in a form which is easy to understand and talk about.
- An appreciation of how things work technically with the aim of facilitating conversations either with the development teams or non-technical stakeholders.
- Having experience in line management isn’t essential but we are looking for people that do. By this we mean helping people to grow and achieve their potential rather than just signing off holiday requests, although you’ll need to do that too.
- If you’re wanting to really push the boundaries of your BA craft then we’re looking for people to help us define what BA mastery really looks like. You can be a guiding voice to upskill seasoned BAs and help them look beyond their current toolkit.
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday - earn more days the longer you’re with us, with the option to buy more too!
- Carry any leftover annual leave into the next holiday year
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Free on-site breakfast
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.