About The Role
BAs are important members of our product development teams working in the AO Tech department. Working collaboratively with our passionate in-house teams, you will support them in understanding business requirements and their associated benefits. You will play a key role in planning, implementing and delivering value in a challenging and fast paced environment.
If you’ve worked in an agile environment and within a product environment that would be a huge advantage. Our main criterion is that you’re an enthusiastic team player, willing to get stuck in and want to grow and be an example of what a BA should be.
You will be excited to hear that there are lots of opportunities outside of team to pick up other pieces of work giving you the opportunity to learn other areas of the business and meet other stakeholders really increasing your visibility and influence in AO.
We’re really focussed on learning and growing, and to support that we have an active BA mentor community and a library of BA skills workshops that we’d encourage you to use. We’d love it if you wanted to contribute to these.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Gather and understand business requirements using appropriate techniques such as workshops, 1-2-1’s, stakeholder interviews, etc.
* You’ll understand how to craft epics, features and user stories and how to use these to present requirements. You will be able to use these user stories to talk to both stakeholders and the development team and they will demonstrate accurately what the team are working on.
* You’ll create appropriate documentation such as process flows and wireframes / sketches to support conversations within your product development team and stakeholders.
* Own and contribute to your product development teams Quarterly Product Review presentation by setting objectives and key results (OKRs), working closely with the Product Owner to keep the team working to these objectives.
* Help support your product development team by being an active participant in all scrum ceremonies and help improve ways of working. You’ll be integral to ensuring successful backlog grooming and 3-amigo sessions.
* Backlog management will be an important responsibility and you’ll be confident in communicating priorities and ensuring decisions are made based on accurate and well-understood data
A Few Things About You
• Strong analytical skills and experience in crafting user stories, use cases, process flows and other forms of documentation will be required.
• A good understanding and demonstrable experience of analysis techniques including awareness of impact analysis, user interaction design, system interactions, data flow and process mapping.
• Be able to take a problem and visualise it to the wider business in a form which is easy to understand and talk about.
• An appreciation of how things work technically with the aim of facilitating conversations either with the development teams or non-technical stakeholders.
• Having experience in line management isn’t essential but we are looking for people that do. By this, we mean helping people to grow and achieve their potential.
• If you’re wanting to really push the boundaries of your BA craft then we’re looking for people to help us define what BA mastery really looks like. You can be a guiding voice to upskill seasoned BAs and help them look beyond their current toolkit.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
· Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
· You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
· 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
· At least 5% contribution pension scheme
· Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance