About The Role
Reporting to the Senior Brand Manager, you will join us to act as an advocate of the AO brand, as part of a small Brand team.
Helping to bring creativity, enthusiasm and passion for our brand from the inside out.
Assisting in the development of brand strategy across different areas of the AO group, such as Mobile and B2B, ensuring all aspects of AO’s brand initiatives, services and activities are aligned with our purpose and truth, and building strong relationships with stakeholders.
You will need a hands-on attitude as you’ll get the chance to get stuck in on a wide range of brand initiatives, to make a lasting difference to our people, partners and customers.
This is a creative role, and will require the successful candidate to generate fresh ideas to help grow the brand. Developing a strong understanding of consumer insight and sales analysis, the Brand Manager will contribute to brand decisions in line with customer needs, company and strategy, and within budget parameters.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Guardian for the AO brand
• Help deliver our brand strategy, ensuring all aspects of AO are aligned with our brand purpose and built on customer and market insight.
• Contribute to the development of key propositions in collaboration with the wider teams.
• Help with maintaining a distinctive and engaging brand expression, including visual identity, tone of voice and creative assets.
• Maintain/update, under the guidance of Head of Creative, our Brand Guidelines ensuring optimum usability for AO teams & creative agencies.
• Making sure all colleagues and business streams understand the brand, its goals and are working within brand guidelines.
• Support in the measuring the success of the brand, reporting on this regularly through various metrics.
• Provide advice and guidance on AO brand aspects to marketing teams, business streams and units.
• Help manage external agencies to ensure effective relationships and budgets are met.
• Work with the design team to support the Brand strategy
A Few Things About You
- Genuine passion, flair and experience within brand management, including delivering and developing a strong brand identity
- Strong knowledge of marketing and communications processes
- Experience in managing projects
- Demonstrable stakeholder management skills
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.