About The Role
We are looking for a Billing Clerk to manage a portfolio of customer accounts in aspects of billing administration. You’ll need to ensure timely and accurate production and the issue of invoices in line with contractual terms. You’ll also need to upload invoices to customer portals where specified and ensure core systems accurately reflects all billing activity. This is a terrific opportunity for someone looking to develop a career in finance.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You’ll be working to extract and manipulate large data sets from multiple systems. You’ll need to reconcile orders, pricing, and PO information to support billing.
- You’ll need to create and issue invoices in line with contractual terms and upload invoices to Customer portals where required
- You’ll be important in ensuring our systems accurately reflects all revenue invoiced and support with the production of management information (status reporting).
- You’ll be liaising with internal and external people to support the resolution of queries.
- You’ll need to execute account and statement reconciliations when required and support the reconciliation and allocation of cash receipt.
A Few Things About You
- You’ll have experience working in a proactive sales ledger environment.
- You’ll have previously used financial accounting software, such as Microsoft Dynamics (AX)
- Data accuracy is crucial therefore you’ll need strong Excel/Microsoft office skills
- You’ll have experience of reconciling and working with large data sets
- You’ll be able to prioritise workload and be willing to learn and proactively seek resolutions.
- You’ll be a good team player as well as having the ability to work independently
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.