About The Role
Here at AO Data is key to every decision we make!
Working with our BI Team Lead, Clare, you’ll be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, documenting and maintaining our Data Warehousing and Data Modelling solutions.
You’ll be hands on, prototyping solutions, testing ideas and working with colleagues across the Data team and stakeholders across the organisation to develop data models, reports and visualisations to specification and within deadlines. Working closely with the Data Engineering team you’ll be involved in modernising our current Data Pipelines to meet AO’s ever-increasing data demands.
Clare is recruiting for two roles. One will be responsible for data preparation, modelling and DAX and the second will be more end-user aligned. It’s an exciting time to join the Data team within AO, as we embark on a journey to migrate to a modern data platform comprising AWS technologies and Power BI.
Our data team typically works out of AO HQ (Bolton) at least 2 days a month, this could vary slightly depending the projects and departments you are working with.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Working with business stakeholders to understand their requirements for analytical solutions
- Developing, testing and implementing analytical solutions that provide the analysts of the business the ability to gain insight into the data
- Ownership and development of new and existing Data Models
- Refactoring current processes to migrate them to a Modern Data Platform Architecture
- Ensuring development is performed in conjunction with the overall BI strategy
- Composing technical documentation as required
- Responding to incidents and change requests to existing BI systems
- Managing the lifecycle of the Data Models
- Offering input and advice on processes and practices to improve the BI Team
- Implementing a data governance framework
A Few Things About You
You’ll be passionate about data and analytics, have great attention to detail and a drive to produce high quality solutions.
You’ll have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to prioritise tasks and work efficiently between multiple tasks in different technologies.
You’ll have experience working in agile environments, and be a self-motivated, team player that the team can depend on.
You’ll have experience with the following technologies, as well as strong T-SQL skills and a good understanding of querying and query optimisation, dimensional modelling design and data visualisation techniques.
- SQL Server (2014 - 2022)
- Integration Services
- Reporting Services
- Analysis Services
- Azure SQL Database
- Power BI
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
Our benefits are designed to cover the moments that matter to AOers. From health and wellness to giving back - you’ll be rewarded inside and outside of work.
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Staff discount at ao.com & discounted gym offers
- Matched pension - contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same
- Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
- Help @ Hand scheme - virtual GP, mental health support, physiotherapy etc
- 2x fully paid charity days a year
- Internal first approach to recruitment - you get first dibs on any new jobs across the business
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.