About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be instrumental in running, managing, and growing our innovative plastics recycling plant in Telford. With over £6 million invested to date by AO.com, the site has the latest technology with the purpose of taking plastics from our fridge recycling site and turning them into high quality polymers for re-use in new products, using specialised sortation techniques.
The 4-acre site, situated in Stafford Park, Telford, has small operational teams, along with engineering/maintenance and laboratory functions. As a key member of the site leadership team and reporting to the Plant Manager, this role involves managing the site, manufacturing process and quality, whilst maximising and continuously improving manufacturing efficiencies and minimising costs.
Central to the role and critical to the site operation is the Production function, working closely with engineering to deliver the site’s production plan in line with Divisional/Group initiatives, and management of strong relationships with internal stakeholders.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Reporting into the Plant Manager, you will have direct management of a small operations team but a large-scale plastics recycling facility (capacity 25,000 tonnes per annum).
You will be expected to;
- Enforce and maintain the company Health, Safety, and environmental policy; ensuring the H&S of all employees is a priority, built on strong standard operating procedures
- Maintain a safe, well organised, and efficient production environment through the application of CI techniques.
- Work closely with the Engineering Function to help maintain an effective TPM/PPM program for the site, developing skills within the team to improve autonomy of asset care.
- Relentlessly challenge the quality of the output materials, challenge the status-quo, understand industry-wide experience and customer demands, working closely with the onsite dedicated polymer lab and engineering functions.
- Build relationships quickly, across the site, with the operational teams at Halesfield, and with external stakeholders (contractors, customers, suppliers).
A Few Things About You
· Experience in working in a process/automated environment with large scale growth: Using process management skillset to develop measurable performance. Drive reduction of inefficiency through organisation of resources and skills, delivering effective workflows by reorganising or re-engineering
· Awareness of current HSE and employment legislation/standards.
· Budget management/cost control awareness, whilst also understanding effective investment (OPEX or CAPEX) to deliver improved contribution and ultimately, retained profit.
· Minimum 3 years’ Operational/Engineering supervision/management experience
· Preferably Foundation Degree Level (or equivalent) with management or engineering focus
· WAMITAB preferable but not essential (training available)
· IOSH Qualified preferable but not essential (training available)
· Continuous Improvement technique training advantageous (certification not essential)
o Lean Manufacturing
o Quality Systems
o Six Sigma
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.