About The Role
As an Assistant Finance Manager, you will take responsibility for ensuring accurate financial information is held within the Retail division management accounts. The role focuses on the drivers behind the cost of sales figure including all balance sheet reconciliations tied to this.
You will be supporting the UK Finance Manager for Cost of Sales and Supplier Finance, with the day-to-day management of the team as well as being the face of the team in the monthly forecast variance review meetings.
Once month end is complete, time should be dedicated to reviewing current working practices and working with the relevant stakeholders to improve where possible. As such the role will be split between accounting for the outcome of the business on a monthly basis and looking into what is creating that outcome, undertaking projects where necessary to improve any inefficiencies that are impacting that outcome.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
• Contribution to the wider production of monthly management accounts for the Retail entity - Stock, GRNI, Supplier income receivables
• Producing detailed aged analysis of stock for all Retail divisions, across multiple systems
• Reconciling P&L postings to forecast and explaining any such variances to the Senior Ops Finance Team
• Project work in creating continuous improvement behind process and systems.
• Be part of diverse, cross functional teams
• Ad-hoc processes/tasks as required
A Few Things About You
• Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant, with at least 2 years post-qualified experience working in a Management Accountant type role, and ready for the next step up
• Have an appetite for constantly improving processes
• Maintain a high level of attention to detail
• Proficient level of Microsoft Excel experience (incl. macros)
• Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
• Commit to continually learn and grow
• A confident communicator and not afraid to challenge existing ways of working
• Able to meet tight deadlines by working flexibly and in an efficient manner
• Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
• Able to bring a bit of fun to work!
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.