About The Role
We are looking for an Assistant Finance Manager to join us on a MAT Cover Contract and be responsible for all aspects of Finance for Reverse Supply Chain (RSC) such as Financial Control, Reporting, Management Accounts, and Statutory Accounts.
You'll be responsible for the leadership and development of a small Finance Team together with the service levels extended to the business units from central finance functions (two direct reports).
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- You'll be responsible for pulling together weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts, ensuring all known changes are built into these.
- Analysing & explaining WOW forecast variances to actuals.
- Production of annual budgets and three-year forecasts in partnership with the Commercial Team.
- Monitoring & maintaining strong control over the stock provision rates, ensuring these are updated in a timely manner to reflect changes when required.
- Ensuring strong financial control over key processes in a growing business (especially the control & accuracy of the month-end stock valuation).
A Few Things About You
- Will be a newly qualified or due to qualify as an accountant within the next 3 months (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Experience in excel (sumifs, vlookup, pivots)
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across the business including senior management
- Take ownership of tasks, maintaining focus when events become chaotic
- Demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively
- Comfortable managing and coaching others
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.