About The Role
An exciting opportunity for a qualified accountant working within the UK Retail entity of the business. In this role you’ll be supporting the divisional Finance Manager with the day-to-day management of the team as well as being the face of the team in the monthly forecast variance review meetings.
This is a busy and demanding role and requires somebody who is happy going into the detail with meticulous attention. The UK Retail Finance team are a close- knit bunch, with a work hard, play hard attitude. This is a varied and often demanding role, so we need someone who is up for the challenge!
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment across a wide range of stakeholders, want to improve your business understanding and have a desire to continually improve and innovate in a collaborative fashion, you will be well suited to the role.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Review and analysis of costs vs forecasts, production and reporting of timely and high-quality management information to support the internal stakeholders.
- Full ownership of key areas of Balance Sheet reconciliations and the P&L, including commentary and variance analysis
- Adhere to month end procedures and department KPIs Project work in creating continuous improvement behind process and systems.
- Be part of diverse, cross functional teams within the Finance department and build good relationships across the rest of the organisation and acting as a business partner for other departments
- Be able to manage and develop a team of two assistant accountants
A Few Things About You
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA accountant, with at least 2 years post-qualified experience working in a Management Accountant type role.
- Have an appetite for constantly improving processes
- Maintain a high level of attention to detail
- Able to keep calm under pressure and deal with setbacks in a positive way
- Commit to continually learn and grow
- A confident communicator and not afraid to challenge existing ways of working
- Able to meet tight deadlines by working flexibly and in an efficient manner
- Willing to go the extra mile to get things done
- Able to bring a bit of fun to work!
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.