About The Role
As an Assistant Finance Manager, you’ll aid the creation and analysis of the month end & year-end financial statements for review by the Finance Manager and Financial Controller, ensuring deadlines are met, and variances explained for any tasks that you’re assigned.
Not only that but you’ll own tasks related to the creation of the weekly, monthly and annual P&L budgeting, forecasting & reporting packs as well as preparing the cashflow forecasts that result from the P&L changes.
You'll coach and mentor junior members of the team having responsibility towards their development, assist in the external and internal audits and implement controls and processes helping solve a range of problems across the scope of the business to ensure AO is cash generative and profitable.
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday - Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative and give better support and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts to form the basis of the monthly management accounts
- Maintain controls across the P&L and balance sheet to ensure risks are mitigated
- Prepare cashflow forecast. analysing and explaining variances to actual performance while solving problems to ensure liquidity is always maximised
- Report on variances for AO’s cashflow to Head of Finance
- Contribute to creating budgets and forecasts for the P&L
- Coaching and mentoring the junior team members
- Maintaining/Improving controls across areas of the balance sheet
- Assist with AO’s statutory external audits, providing documentation for Interim and year end audits
A Few Things About You
- Recently/newly qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong experience with Microsoft Excel (sumifs, vlookup, pivots)
- Experience in consolidations or Group reporting (desirable)
- Builds strong relationships with various stakeholders / senior managers
- Exceptional time management skills to achieve task completion and simultaneous deadlines
- Strong communication skills within own team and multiple sites
- Can analyse existing processes and improve them, maintaining effective controls throughout
- Takes ownership and uses initiative to problem solve showing effective solutions whilst maintaining focus under pressure
- Demonstrates a positive attitude, focuses on a 'can do' way of thinking
A Bit About Us
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re known for helping our customers brilliantly - and it’s no different for AOers. We care about more than what’s on your CV, because together we can do extraordinary things.
As an AOer, you’ll have access to tonnes of benefits, put together to cover the moments that matter to you. Further details are available on our benefits page;
- Our Value Creation Plan; We've created a unique long term bonus plan for every AOer to share in our success, giving you the opportunity of an exceptional reward in return for exceptional business performance.
- Holidays; 25 days, plus bank holidays (increasing to 27 days after 2 years with us!)
- Pension; Contribute 5% of your annual salary and we'll do the same, giving you a little extra support for the future.
- Be VIP at the AO Arena; we have loads of opportunities to win free tickets and pre-sale access!
- Health & wellbeing; discounted gym membership, an onsite spa and our Help @ Hand scheme giving you access to virtual GP’s, Mental Health support and much more.
- Discounts; exclusive discounts across our product range.
- Family leave; Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption leave.
- Making a difference; 2 fully paid days a year to donate your time to any charity of your choice.
- On site perks; start your day with free on site parking, grabbing a complimentary breakfast and a coffee at our subsidised Starbucks!