A Bit About Us
AO Recycling is part of the online electrical retailer AO.COM PLC group. We're a rapidly growing business that specialise in the recycling of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
Based in Telford we are a very exciting and enthusiastic company that like to think big. With this we drive high expectations and targets to ensure lasting happiness for our customers. The successful candidate will be joining a growing business with influential support from companies within the Group to ensure that we are exceptional in the moments that matter.
More About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Engineering Manager who is looking to join a rapidly expanding recycling company on a permanent basis.
We process, recycle, repair, refurbish and sell a wide range of white goods, including washing machines, tumble dryers, cookers, dishwashers and refrigerators.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
Depending on your qualifications and experience you will be required to:
- To ensure all equipment is maintained to the highest standard
- To ensure all equipment is optimised to deliver the most efficient output in regard to quality and cost effectiveness
- To develop and train all of the engineering team in order to achieve and maintain a high performing team
- To drive a culture mindset of continuous improvement
- To encourage best practice activities across the site
- To govern performance against KPI's
- Use data to identify, prioritise and drive CI activity
- To ensure all equipment is optimised to deliver efficiency targets
- To work closely with the day engineering team to drive efficiency targets
- To work closely with Operational teams to deliver efficiency targets
- To work closely with the Engineering Manager
- Perform monthly reviews on your engineering team
- Manage your engineering team on a day to day basis
- Drive a proactive approach to maintenance
- Identify gaps/efficiencies in PM schedules based on experience
- To develop and implement clear and effective PM's and schedules for existing & new/upgraded site assets
- Data input to Maintenance 5000 to ensure we develop a full and accurate asset work history
A Few Things About You
Applicants to be considered for the position must have some or all of the following:
- Electrical or Mechanical trained engineer to a minimum of Level 3 or equivalent.
- Be able to demonstrate strong technical knowledge in a similar environment.
- Possesses knowledge in areas of: Electrical & Mechanical engineering, Valves, heat exchangers, Preventative and planned maintenance scheduling.
- Experience in developing and implementing continuous improvement programmes.
- Must show evidence of leading culture change in an engineering function, including changes in organisation design and working practices.
- Capability to develop a high performance and service-oriented culture within the team.
- Experience of budget control
- The ability to work in a team environment
- Management experience in a similar role essential
- Proven track record of driving and developing a team
- The confidence to help generate ideas for improvement and the desire to take pride in your work
- IOSH qualification
- Knowledge of 5S
- Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills
- Good communication skills
- Team building skills and strong ability to work cross functionally
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.