About The Role
You will work closely with our Depot Supervisor daily to help ensure that our Out base runs smoothly and that each one of our customers receives their appliance on time, every time. You will be a point of contact for our Self-Employed Drivers and another member of the operation of the site
Salary: £23,395.01 - £24,960.00 per annum
Hours: 5 on 2 off, 5 on 3 off 1pm- 10pm (average 40 hours per week)
Job Type: Full-time and permanent contract
Location: Unit H/J , Fort Wallington Industrial Estate Military Road, Fareham, PO16 8TT
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
Our Assistant Supervisor will support the operation including our team of Drivers and fleet of vehicles. You will ensure all our vehicles are road worthy, legal, and compliant and you will work alongside our Quality & People and Development team to ensure your depot is supported and maintains our company values. Your daily tasks will include:
- Completing in-house reports to provide data required by the Regional Manager and Head Office daily.
- Checking that all vehicles leaving the Out base are secure and meet required transport legislation requirements
- Ensure that all Employees are complying with the training that they have received to provide a safe working environment for everyone
- Complete alcohol testing when required
- Communicate with our Self-Employed Drivers, handling any queries efficiently and in a professional manner
- Take responsibility for managing the transhipping and reloads.
- Training for new starters to include Safe Systems of Work and Health & Safety
- Team Briefings on a daily/weekly basis
A Few Things About You
- Previous experience within a Team Leader or Supervisory role
- Management of teams
- Awareness of Transport, Logistics, Distribution, or Warehousing environments
- Knowledge of transport legislation and legal compliance of vehicles
- PC literate including warehouse software and Microsoft Packages
- Can use Excel to intermediate or advanced level
- Strong communicator
- Experience using in-house transport management systems is an advantage
A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
• 31 days holiday
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme
• Healthcare Cashback Scheme
• Attendance Bonus
• Exclusive Staff Discount
• Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Packages
• Expression of wish service
• Make a difference days (x2 fully paid charity days a year)
• Share-save Scheme
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.