About The Role
In this exciting role as an Assistant Buyer at AO, you will support the small appliances category to develop an inspiring product range which achieves company sales targets.
This is a brilliant category which covers various products from coffee machines to food mixers, you will get the chance to work with industry leading brands such as Kitchen Aid, Smeg, Sage and De’longhi.
As you develop in your role, there will be an opportunity for you to manage a small category, which will give you incredible experience for your future career at AO.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Take pride in ensuring all products are set-up with the correct details, specifications, images and videos to offer the best journey for our customer.
- Keep track of competitor activity and offer suggestions to improve category performance.
- Use sales and market information to support the buyer in creating a product range that is inspiring for the customer, relevant to the market and achieves department goals.
- Update and implement the promotional plan and collaborate with marketing and supply chain on the successful launch.
- Accurately keep all systems up to date with correct prices and investigate any discrepancies with urgency.
- Collaborate with the stock team to maintain availability across the products and contribute to forecasting.
- Establish and build strong relationships internally and externally to deliver the best commercial opportunities.
- Assist the Buyer in negotiating with suppliers.
- Attend range reviews with brands to discuss the strategy & interact with products.
A Few Things About You
- Strong experience with Excel and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, prioritise and work within tight timescales.
- Passionate and confident to be able to stand up for what is right for AO and our customers.
- A drive and desire to pursue a career in a fast-paced retail environment.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.