About The Role
Our AO Business team are expanding! We're on the lookout for an Assistant Buyer to work in our Major Domestic Appliances category.
You'll get the opportunity to work alongside our Buyers to support with the buying, developing and ranging branded products that support our B2B client sectors. Not forgetting our manufacturers! You'll work with them on a daily basis too. It's a fast-paced environment with lots of opportunity to 'get stuck in' and help the team work towards their category targets
We know we work better when we’re together, so all our AOers come into the office Monday to Friday. We collaborate more easily, have continual conversations, we’re more creative, give better support, and all this makes us more motivated and even better at what we do.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Regularly monitor commercial performance and report findings to the Category Buyer.
- Analyse lost opportunities and make suggestions for future success.
- Analyse and interpret internal & external sources of information to support the Category Buyer in creating a product range that is inspiring for the customer, relevant to the market and achieves department goals.
- Contribute towards establishing, maintaining and building strong relationships with suppliers and other internal departments.
- Accurately keep all systems up to date with correct prices/promotions and investigate any discrepancies with urgency.
- Collaborate with the stock team to maintain availability across the products and contribute to forecasting.
- Assisting the Category Buyer in negotiating with suppliers.
- Be the first point of contact for the department for suppliers and for trading related queries.
- Ensuring all relevant administrative, financial and systems procedures are completed accurately and within agreed timescales.
- Managing product setups through the full journey and ensuring correct specifications and costs are implemented in a timely manner.
A Few Things About You
- A relevant degree or experience within a buying/supply chain team.
- Drive and desire to pursue a career in a fast-paced new business division.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and highly analytical.
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills and be the ability to self-motivate
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.