A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to make a real difference in our growing AO Recycling division. Assisting in all aspects of Finance such as Financial Control, Forecasting and Management Accounts including some management of the Finance Team.
In this role you’ll be reporting into our Finance Manager and contribute directly to the profitability and success of the business.
We are focused on improving our processes to support the business as it grows. We’re also all about the detail so you need to enjoy getting into the nitty gritty!
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
• Updating and reviewing of the daily cash flow forecast
• Liaising with group treasury team on cash forecast and cash requirements
• Month end close including accruals, prepayments, journals and reporting
• Inter-company reconciliations and control of group charges
• Control account reconciliations
• Assisting with review of weekly payment runs
• Working with Purchase Ledger team to monitor PO process / invoices to ensure costs are being appropriately captured and recorded in the right place.
• Production of quarterly VAT returns
• Production of PSA returns from HMRC
• Ad hoc tasks where required/assisting the FM with adhoc queries such as Tax, audit etc.
• Identify, communicate and deliver process improvements
A Few Things About You
• Experience of working in a similar role and preferably part-qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA). Desire to pursue qualifications and gain experience of Accounting
• Experience in excel (sumifs, vlookup, pivots) and able to effectively deal with large volumes of data.
• Resilience when working to tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
• Take ownership of tasks, demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively
• Willing to challenge the status quo, adapt to change and have a 'can do' way of thinking.
• Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely
• Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishes the issue and options available and has confidence in decision making
• Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across the business
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.