A Bit About Us
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to delight our customers, and to do that you need to be relentless in striving for a better way. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the Role
AT AO we are all about developing and growing our people. We are relentless in helping you to succeed at whatever you want to do. If you are right for us, then we will help you to mould a very successful career.
What you do is up to YOU!
There are so many departments and roles which you can learn about within our logistics business, from Warehouse to Commercial Finance and everything else in between. We can even develop a programme where you learn about all of our departments and how everything comes together for the benefit of creating an amazing experience for our customers.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
You will play a key role in whatever department in which you are based and will be set tasks and challenges that will allow you to gain insight into how our logistics business functions. You will gain invaluable experience and learn everything needed to help you to continue developing a career once your apprenticeship is complete, including the following;
- How our warehouse, returns and inventory supports the customer journey
- Finance and commercial business functions
- Human resources and people development strategies
- Transport and routing insight
- Leadership and people management insight
- Our amazing customer service
WHAT WILL I BE EXPECTED TO DELIVER
- As your knowledge and understanding grows, you will support our business and be part of newly generated ideas to improve and maintain efficiency and function
- You will develop a thorough understanding of all business areas
- Support Senior Managers in making important operational decisions
- Support with exciting new projects
A Few Things About You
Our ideal Apprentice will be approachable and have a friendly personality. You will have a caring approach to improvements across the business and try to constantly find the best way in which to carry out your tasks. Being able to demonstrate a proactive approach with the ability to work under pressure and deliver objectives with a smile on your face is essential. Building and maintaining working relationships will be an integral part of this role. Someone who displays our values in everyday working life throughout their apprenticeship will make an excellent addition to our AO family
- A keen desire to work in the logistics industry
- A keen desire and drive to build a long term career
- Thrives on being part of activities throughout education
- Experience or understanding of a working environment is desirable
You will demonstrate the following skills;
- Familiar with Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient on Excel and Word
- Organised and able to work on own initiative
- Effective communication
- Methodical and timely
- Able to build and maintain relationships with colleagues and peers
- If you are applying after completing secondary school education then a basic attainment of 5 GCSE grade C/4 minimum (or equivalent) is required
- If you have also completed post-16 education you must have a BTEC level 3/ NVQ level 3/ A-levels (or equivalent)
Why Choose AO?
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
We empower each and every person to push the boundaries of what’s possible. We’re growing rapidly and so should you. Our environment and our culture are vibrant and engaging, you almost have to feel it to believe it.
"Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different."
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as fundamental benefits, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially, make your work life a little easier or make your home life a lot more fun.