A Bit About Us
At AO, we’re in the business of better tomorrows for our customers, and we do whatever it takes to make sure they’re the happiest they can be. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but putting smiles on our customers’ faces is at the heart of everything we do.
We think that in order for you to do your best, we need to support your other commitments. This means working in a way that offers you flexibility, whilst getting the job done. Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
We’re big believers in making sure every job is done properly, which is why we do everything the AO way. Our award-winning teams work their magic behind the scenes to make sure every customer’s experience is totally effortless. We do our bit for the environment too, with our very own recycling plant to make sure we’re as green as we look. We’re always looking for ways to make our customers as happy as can be, wherever possible.
More About the Role
This is an opportunity for a seasoned all-rounder to join a small enthusiastic team of project engineers in our effort to deliver internal IT projects to our customers in AO’s ever growing 2000+ user base. Primarily you will be responsible for implementing new software solutions, support tools and researching emerging technologies.
Our aim is to achieve a digital, flexible workplace with seamless communication and multi-device experiences to help bring teams together, enable productivity, and help drive further AO innovation. Primarily you will be responsible for implementing new solutions, support tools and researching emerging technologies and changes in the modern workplace landscape.
You will also have the opportunity to work autonomously to identify and tackle areas of improvement throughout your role. This will provide the opportunity to work closely with the team on numerous large scale projects in relation to ongoing customer service & efficiency initiatives.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Carrying out research on new technologies
- Working to deliver internal IT projects to strict deadlines
- Evaluating, organising and prioritising workloads
- Demonstrating problem solving skills; ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to resolve it
- Identifying areas of improvement and driving change
- Providing good oral and written communications
- Ability to keep senior stakeholders regularly informed
- Displaying a friendly presence and helpful attitude; good interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others from different departments
- Monitoring of business-critical products and service levels, PC and server configurations
- Providing onsite internal support where required (Possible travel to other European territories and multiple locations in the UK may be required)
- Providing workshop style training and knowledge sharing presentations
- Administration of Microsoft 365 Product components (Intune, Exchange Online, OneDrive, Skype for Business, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, Groups, etc.)
A Few Things About You
- Microsoft 365 Certifications are desirable
- Good working knowledge all Windows OS including Windows Server
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and applications (for example, Sharepoint and Intune)
- Knowledge of networking and internet technologies and various operating system setup & configurations
- Software Deployment experience
- Patch Management experience
- Group Policy Management experience
- Project work experience
- Experience using project management tools
- Previous exposure to endpoint and Mobile management tools/systems for example Manage Engine/SCCM
- Good working knowledge of Apple MAC OS
- Full Driving License required
At AO we believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
Why Choose AO?
We’re in the business of better tomorrows, for both our customers and our people. A better tomorrow means finding a place that’ll reward your curiosity. A place that encourages you to ask ‘why’. Somewhere that feeds your imagination and gives you the support to bring those ideas to life.
If you’re the kind of person who wants to learn and help others achieve, who always sees the glass half-full with an appetite for what’s next, you’ll fit right in with us.
In return, you’ll be an integral part of an award-winning team who are forward-thinking and innovative. You can also take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
We’re about looking at the bigger picture - the better tomorrow. And no matter what that looks like to you, we’ll make sure you’ve got everything you need to make it happen.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO’er you can take full advantage of the benefits and perks we have to offer
- Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
- You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
- We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
- 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support a healthy work / life balance, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
To see all of our benefits and perks visit our AO Benefits page.