A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented individual to make a real difference in our AO Logistics division, assisting in all aspects of our financial reporting such as forecasting, management accounts and statutory accounts.
In this role you’ll be reporting into our Assistant Finance Manager and contribute directly to the profitability and success of the business.
We are focussed on improving our processes to support the business as it grows. We’re also all about the detail so you need to enjoy getting into the nitty gritty! Although based at our head office in Bolton, you may be required to travel to Crewe occasionally, as this is where our main Logistics operation is based.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Updating and reviewing of the daily cash flow forecast
- Control account reconciliations
- Interaction with the Commercial Finance Team to pull together weekly P&L forecasts and rolling monthly forecasts.
- Provision of key reports to the management of the business
- Analysing variances between actuals to monthly forecasts and budget
- Review cost analysis and identify any missing costs
- Working with Purchase Ledger team to monitor PO process / invoices to ensure costs are being appropriately captured.
- Production of quarterly VAT returns
- Production of PSA returns from HMRC
- Monthly review of overheads to ensure up to date run rates are accurately reflected in forecast
- Ad hoc tasks where required/assisting the AFM with adhoc queries such as Tax, audit etc.
- Identify, communicate and deliver process improvements
A Few Things About You
- Experience of working in a similar role and part-qualified (CIMA/ACA/ACCA). Desire to pursue qualifications and gain experience of Accounting
- Experience in excel (sumifs, vlookup, pivots) and able to effectively deal with large volumes of data.
- Resilience when working to tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities.
- Take ownership of tasks, demonstrates good time management to achieve task completion and utilises time effectively
- Willing to challenge the status quo, adapt to change and have a 'can do' way of thinking.
- Listens for understanding and expresses information clearly and concisely
- Demonstrates creative thinking when solving problems, establishes the issue and options available and has confidence in decision making
- Ability to build strong relationships with various stakeholders across the business
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.