About The Role
This role is about helping AO realise increased value by improving ways of work, helping remove impediments and reducing waste.
You will be a true servant-leader and will help teams, customers and the wider organisation meet their needs and goals. You will also be a change agent, coaching those around you in adopting agile working practices and increasing effectiveness. You will work with the teams and individuals across the organisation to find what works for them rather than policing agile processes: your goal will be highly effective delivery rather than just "doing agile".
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Facilitating at all levels, guiding processes and helping sustain an environment of accountability
- Supporting learning at all levels, training, mentoring and helping define learning programmes as necessary.
- Setting up and managing coaching engagements with different areas of the business.
- Serving the organisation by managing systemic impediments, advising on challenges of scale and helping with organisational development.
- Serving the product management community by coaching product owners and facilitating product hierarchy definition.
- Helping start new teams and serving existing teams by coaching team dynamics and effectiveness
A Few Things About You
- You will be a natural servant leader, working with no agenda of your own to support those around you.
- You will be an excellent facilitator, and able to educate in agile ways of working through a variety of training, mentoring and coaching techniques at any level of knowledge or seniority.
- You will be highly effective at building partnerships within teams and across the business, with the ability to find ways of solving or pre-empting problems
- You will have coached a variety of teams and organisations in different agile environments and in different industries. Ideally, you will have set up an agile coaching engagement with at least one business area previously.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.
It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.
We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’re forward thinking with both Tech and our people. We know how important family and wellbeing are - flexibility is key to be able to get that balance of life just right, so we operate core hours of 10-4pm to support your lifestyle.
It’s not about where you work, but about how you work and the value you add. This means for most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most. Whatever the task, project or product, we trust our teams to work together, collaborate and make the sensible choice.
We believe diversity will help us find a better way. We want our workforce to be as diverse as our customers by celebrating, valuing and respecting every individual. We achieve this by nurturing a culture of inclusion where every voice matters. We welcome applications from everyone and we can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• Feel free to have a chat with us about our flexible ways of working.
• You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to use for development in your role and we’ll cover the cost.
• We have our own library, if you've seen something which interests you, we can order in a copy. Just add it to the library when you've done.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme
• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.
For more details about the role, contact firstname.lastname@example.org #AOJobs