A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
The affiliate channel is a vital part of ao.com’s paid acquisition strategy, working within with hundreds of websites who advertise the brand. It’s a fast-paced & varied role, with a multitude of strategic, technical, commercial, creative & management skills required. It’s also an autonomous & hands on position - with the relatively unique aspect of the programme all being run in-house, meaning you can have control & freedom for the direction of growth.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Identifying innovative opportunities to grow the channel, pitching to internal stakeholders & executing them effectively
- Analysing channel performance and be able to concisely report back to management with results & actions
- Planning campaigns & key projects to reach targets or demographics
- Maintain relationships with external affiliate partners - treating them in the way AO treats our customers
- Managing a small team and maintaining an excellent standard of work from all levels
- Supporting team members to ensure constant development & personal growth
- Working closely with other key departments such as Trade, Commercial, Design, CRM, Social & Brand with regular meetings & knowledge sharing
A Few Things About You
- Experience of the affiliate channel, including, but not limited to, cashback, voucher and content
- Excellent commercial awareness and an eye for a great deal
- Organisation & multi-tasking skills
- Experience managing, developing & inspiring a team
- Positive attitude & ability to solve problems
- Ability to negotiate & pitch
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.