A Bit About Us
We’re a bunch of people who go to great lengths to make sure our customers are the happiest customers out there. We may sell everything from washing machines to PlayStations, but at our core we’re a people business.
We roll up our sleeves and work together to make things happen. From logistics, recycling to our award winning IT teams, almost everything we do, we do ourselves to make sure every aspect of our customer journey is done properly.
We launched in 2000 as a result of a £1 bet in a Bolton pub. 18 years later we have a 5* TrustPilot rating (after 100K reviews), expanded our business into Europe and floated on the London stock exchange, but we never lose sight of what we’re about.
More About the Role
The affiliate channel is a vital part of ao.com’s paid acquisition strategy, working with hundreds of websites who advertise the brand. This is a varied role with no two days the same, you could be meeting affiliates one day and creating a promotional plan the next. We have a fast-paced and reactive environment and encourage creative and innovative new ideas.
Here's What You Can Expect to be Doing
- Maintaining strong relationships, externally & internally, to ensure the AO culture is delivered
- Analysis of performance against targets and providing insights to senior business stakeholders to optimise our affiliate programs
- Identifying opportunities to grow existing affiliates & recruit new ones
- Working with internal departments such as commercial, design and trading to determine channel strategy
- Planning and organising promotional activity with affiliate partners across a range of verticals
- Implementing best practice processes for all aspects of the channel including invoicing, tracking, reporting and communication
A Few Things About You
- Personable and adept at building / maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders
- Commercially minded with the ability to spot & negotiate a good deal
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment and able to organise a varied workload
- Open-minded with a desire to try new ideas
- Experience of affiliate marketing
Why Choose AO?
At AO, our culture and our AO’way of doing things is vital to our success. We’re passionate people, determined to do whatever’s necessary to make our customers happy.
The AO motto is "treat every customer like you’d expect your nan to be treated, and make decisions your mum would be proud of". To do this, we train and empower each and every AO’er to strive for better ways of doing whatever they are doing.
Our AO’ers don’t just go through the motions and follow processes, it just isn’t our thing. We don’t follow trends, we set them.
Great People Deserve Great Things
As an AO employee you can take full advantage of our benefits package. As well as the fundamentals, like pensions and holidays, we have designed our "AO Perks" to help you out financially and make your work life a little easier.